Search this Blog

Spartacus: Blood and Sand (2010)

Apologies for the lack of update in my blog. I've been too busy with alot lately along with jetlag from a recent out of the country trip. I'll try to update as much as possible within the next days.
This weekend, I spent my idle time watching Spartacus. Spartacus is not a movie but a television series premiered last January 22, 2010 in Starz a US channel. I never knew such series exist till an officemate introduced it to me.
(Lucy Lawless as Lucretia a.k.a  Domina)
Anyways, Spartacus is a Thracean betrayed by a Roman Legatus (a general). His wife was sold to slavery and later killed, Spartacus seeks for revenge in the arena of the gladiators and leading the gladiators revolt against the Roman empire. Oh how I love history and greek and roman myths.


I tell you this tv series is not for the faint of heart. There are alot of blood, nudity, foul languange, sex and violence. Almost all the men are in loin cloths and the women are always naked. Cross the movie Gladiators with the movie 300, expand the storyline into a series and this is what you will get.
 
I actually finished season 1 (13 episodes) in one seating. I promised you will not get bored with this series. Just a note, Watch out for episode 9. I can't wait to see the next season.

Photo Credits : EntertainmentWallpaper

5 comments:

  1. funny my officemate was just recommended this to me today. madalas ko na syang nakikita and akala ko puro drama lang. ok naman daw so i'm going to put it in my to-watch list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep. actually.... wala nga siyang drama eh.

    action lang lagi. nakaka amaze and nakaka shock at the same time. Lucy Lawless as Domina was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ive seen this over the long weekend and yeah there are hell lots of violence and sex and blood and nudity!

    waaaaaaah! i can only tolerate as much..really really di ko carry!! (pero tinapos ko pa din) hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. nyahaha... di nya daw carry... pero tinapos pa din. :P echosera ka sis!....

    ReplyDelete
  5. wahahaha sinong bang kaibigan ko? ikaw diba? ano nga ulit pangalan ng site mo? hahaha :p

    (side comment: tatampo dadi, hindi daw natin binati nung bday nya of all people tayo pa hindi nakaalala! hehe di ako pinapansin sa YM..diba may yun? di ko lang alam saktong date kasi)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...