Search this Blog

.New Worm Targets Your Friends in Facebook.

First, I don't have a facebook account. And eventhough my friends Mae, Daisy and Mitzi keeps telling me to sign-up for one, I will not jump into the facebook hoopla. Oh my, I hardly have time to update my friendster especially my blog kaya i don't think i can keep up pa with a facebook dilemma. But I would like to share a post I've read regarding a new worm that has been targeting facebook owners. Here it the news. >>> Koobface, Other Worms Target Facebook Friends


The Koobface worm is dangerous. It can be dropped by other malware and downloaded unknowingly by a user when visiting malicious Web sites, Trend Micro reports.Ultimately, the worm's agenda is to transform the victim's computer into a zombie and form botnets for malicious purposes. Koobface attempts to do this by composing a message and sending it to the user's friends. The message contains a link to a Web site where a copy of the worm can be downloaded by unsuspecting friends. And the cycle repeats itself.

This worms targets your pc then targets your friends PC by getting all their addresses through your cookies. That is how it works. Of course nga.... we have been told not to open attachments from people we don't know. But what if those are coming from our friends. So, friends, let's think twice before clicking into any links or downloading anything.


I've experienced it before in YM. Isang nakakainis na worm. Because it keeps on changing your status sa YM, without your knowledge. So every friend who clicks on your status message or your YM gets the worm too. Badtrip kasi iba iba nilalagay nya status. Then he will replicate at manunuot sa drives mo para di mo ma uninstall. Nyahaha! really it was a nightmare.

Best option, is to always upgrade your antivirus software, install malware protectors and Spyware. And never click anything unless you are really sure.
Happy networking and chatting friends! ^_^


end of log.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...