Search this Blog

Easter 2009

This is it! Easter Sunday... in Tagalog... Linggo ng Pagkabuhay.
On this day, Christians celebrate the ressurection of the Lord.

Christians
believe according to Scripture, that Jesus came back to life, or was raised from the dead, three days after his death on the cross. As part of the Easter season, the death of Jesus Christ by crucifixion, is commemorated. Through his death, burial and resurrection, Jesus paid the penalty for sin, thus purchasing for all who believe in him, eternal life in Christ Jesus.

I am catholic but I am not that religious. Sometimes I tend to step in the borderline of being Agnostic. Faith and church-going are two different things for me. But believe me, I cry like a baby whenever my mind wanders about Jesus, faith, God, repentance and salvation. And today, this moment, is one of those episodes in my life where I feel I need to assess my spiritual status.

I have been a little too terrible these past months...(okay! okay! years!) that if I send a mail to Santa he might, at the impulse toss my name alongside the wickedly people who will not be receiving gifts on Christmas for being naughty.

Today, I am deciding to get a grip on my life towards the straight path. As the essence of this day is, Jesus paid for my sins. I am deciding to let Him reign my life.

Panginoon, hindi ako karapat-dapat na magpatuloy sa iyo ngunit sa isang salita mo lamang ay gagaling na ako.

I still get the chills whenever I hear these words spoken during Mass.

end of log.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...